Wednesday, 12 February 2014

i love you but i've chosen darkness.

Not that I'm celebrating valentines day myself, but as soon as I set my eyes on this skirt I knew exactly how I would style it. So here it is folks, my dark twist on the most 'romantic' day of the year..
From left, missguided Sineao Sequin maxi skirt, Tesco cropped jumper and Newlook pointed heels






Photography by Thabina Hussain






I am in LOVE with this missguided skirt! Like I really can't say it enough. I never tend to wear maxi skirts as they just skim in all the wrong places for my shape personally but this one is so different. As the silhouette is fishtail, it really exaggerates my curves- which is always a plus. Also I normally hate sequins, especially if it's covered from head to toe in them, but I think this skirt is actually quite classy. The sequins are so small that it makes it look more expensive as opposed to tacky. It was originally £34.99 then went on offer for £17.49, so I quickly snapped one up for myself to try. It went back up to the original price but has now gone back down again so you all need to get it because you won't be disappointed. Why wouldn't you, it's a complete bargain! (plus it comes in silver too which isn't my taste but might be yours)

To complete my look, I knew I would go for a crop top. And then recently I spotted this Tesco jumper- out of all places! I actually think tesco can have some amazing pieces sometimes, but what surprised me about this particular jumper was how soft it was- like super soft. The only problem with it though was I saw some of the others were a bit mangled so if you do want to purchase it just beware. However it was only £16 so you can't really go wrong with that. I chose to wear my number one New Look stilettos, which were £19.99. I have so many New Look heels because not only are they all beautiful but their prices are always cheap for what you get. These particular ones caught my eye as it is suede at the front and sort of a leather croc print at the back (*can ache your feet though*). To finish this off, I actually stole a few of my mother dearest's rings- so I am not sure where or how much they are. I am not big on too much jewellery, and the skirt speaks for itself really, so I just chose these rings as I thought the purple really complimented my makeup. So in regards to the makeup..

Face: 
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (Alaska)
- Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (Shades 1 & 2)
- Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer (Ivory)
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder (001 Transparent)
- Ebay 10 shade Blusher palette (Link Here)

Eyes and Eybrows:
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (Sparkle Green)
- Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette (Creep, Gunmetal, Virgin, Sidecar)
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (Blackheart, Strange, Nooner)
- Burgundy and Purple shades from an ebay palette
- Soap&Glory Waterproof Smoulder Kohl Eye Pencil (Black)
- Mac Eye Brows pencil (Spiked)

Lips:
- Topshop Lip Liner (Nude)
- Avon Lasing Lipstick (Temptress)

So I hope you all liked this look I put together. I know even though it's a valentines day outfit, I am probably going to wear this to different types of party's and events- I am actually going to wear this for a wedding this week. So all the pieces are just interchangeable. And in case you wanted to see my makeup in a bit more detail, go check out my Instagram! So what will everyone else be wearing for Friday?

3 comments:

  1. Stunning look...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Just checked your blog out and I love it too. Yeah totally, I just follwed you.

      Dina x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs