Thursday, 22 May 2014

latest lip combos.

I kind of have a shopping addiction so by the second year of university I found a solution- I would only give in to my cravings once I finished my exams. And needless to say that time has come round again! The first shop I dived into was Mac of course and I picked up a few lip products. I normally just wear a lipstick or lip liner on its own but recently I've been obsessed with teaming up combinations. So I thought I'd share with you my two new favourites.


Nudes
I am constantly stalking Kylie Jenner's instagram as I am just loving what she is doing with her makeup this past year. She has really upped her game and I rarely check out the other sister's social media sites. I can't go anywhere without a bit of colour on my lips and Kylie is pretty much the same- she most frequently wears either a light brown or dark nude. So when I read that she actually wears Mac's Whirl lip liner I know I had to snap it up for myself. I would describe it as a nude with a dusty rose tine to it. For me this is the perfect nude down to a T! It is almost my lip colour but slightly more dark and I am just in love. This is quite similar to one that I purchased from Topshop a while back, but with this one it is a lot more matte. After what seemed like an hour, I finally chose the Velvet Teddy lipstick. This has a matte finish which is the reason why I chose this over some of the other ones that I swatched. I would say that it is sort of like a beige with pink undertones. Initially I was going to go for Myth but it was a satin finish and I knew in the long run I wouldn't use it as much. But if that is a consistency you'd prefer I would rather choose Myth over Velvet Teddy as it is closer to the colour. 







Darks
So if you're feeling like you want something a little more daring I would definitely try this next combination. Separately they are amazing anyway, but I love them together even if they are slightly different.  Nightmoth lip liner and Diva lipstick has been stuck in my handbag since I bought them both. Although the lip liner is a dark purple whereas the lipstick is an intense red wine colour I think they really work well. I personally don't like my lip liners and lipsticks to be exactly the same because I don't see the point. So I always like one to be darker/lighter than the other so that you get a little extra dimension. So with this I love how you get two different tones but they still compliment each other so well. Both are a matte finish also but Diva does wear off quicker than other Mac lipsticks. That's another reason why I think Nightmoth makes a nice base- not only doe it make both products last a lot longer but if the lipstick starts to come off at the end of the night than you are still left with the great colour underneath. I have been using this in the daytime with minimal eye makeup but then in the night I like to smudge some Kohl eyeliner to give a bit of a grunge look. 







So that's this weeks lip combinations that I'm probably going to be obsessed with the whole of this season. Leave a comment below if you've tried any of the products above, together or individually. Or if there is any others you think I should try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs