Wednesday, 28 September 2016

morocco day three.



























It's day three, and I'm totally out of my comfort zone. Frills, bright colours and sandals: all the things I would normally avoid. Yet here I am, a changed woman. 

A few weeks before flying out to Marrakech, here in Britain we faced one of the hottest days of the year - not a good moment for me. Bad thing was I happened to be staying down my sister's house, and my planned outfit was not working out with the heat. When said sister offered to lend me her clothes, I laughed. As mean as that seems, we are polar opposites when it comes to fashion. 


However, after a good rummage through her wardrobe for what seemed like a lifetime, this crepe dress caught my eye. In all it's bright olive glory I was hesitant to try it on, but once I did I was quite surprised. It was something about the curved frills and tassels on the front that made it seem very romantic, in a non-girly pink way. When she told me it only cost her under £12 in the sale (if you've read my past posts you'll know how much of a bargain queen she is), I wished I had bought one too!




As a hijabi, my wardrobe consists of a lot of turtleneck bodies and leggings to cover my skin. That is the reason I tend to avoid short, low neck dresses - I just don't like it when you see these things so boldly. To take the attention away from all the black on show, I wore this coin necklace I found on eBay. I have a more extravagant version of this statement piece, but just in case it got ruined I took this cheaper alternative with me instead. You see this type of jewellery everywhere in the Moroccan marketplaces, so it was very appropriate. If you've already read my morocco day one post, you'd have already seen these lace-up sandals featured - and if you haven't yet, go find out why I'll be wearing these babies all next summer too!

Dress
Necklace
Sandals

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs