Saturday, 22 October 2016

carrot cake granola: autumn addition.


If I haven't said it enough, autumn is one of my favourite times of the year. Not only am I obsessed with the change in wardrobe and weather, the fall inspired food gets me every time!

So I have to admit... I am quite the midnight muncher. There's something about when the clock striking 12.00am that has me rummaging through the cupboards for a quick snack (or two) to eat. Sometimes those creations can be disastrous, and others it's pure magic. And this carrot cake granola that I rustled up is just epic. If you wanted autumn in a jar, well basically a pumpkin spice latte, then this is a recipe for you!

[makes around 2 mason jars worth]

What you will need:
- 2 cups of gluten & wheat free oats
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 heaped tablespoon each of coconut oil and smooth almond butter
-1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon each of ground ginger and nutmeg powder 
- 1 carrot (grated)
- handful of walnuts (crushed)
- pinch of salt

What to do:
1) Preheat the oven at 180 degrees fahrenheit
2) Melt all the oil, syrup and nut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, and then stir well
3) Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl. Then mix in the wet ingredients - I like to scrunch up some of the mixture into clusters!
4) Place your soon-to-be granola goodness onto a baking tray (lined with foil), adding a few more walnuts on top
5) After 10 minutes, give it a mix around so that it cooks evenly
6) After a further 10 minutes (or until golden brown) your yummy carrot cake granola is good to eat
7) Leave to cool before placing it into a mason jar - or just eat it straight from the oven like me!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs